Weekend Getaway at Saranac Lake
We had so much fun visiting Saranac Lake a few weeks ago and I’ve made a list of some of our favorite things to do if you are looking for a getaway this August! I've structured this post in three categories: Eat, Sleep, and Play!Eat:
- Grab breakfast at the Blue Moon Café! They are known for their lox, & it was incredible!
- Another break fast option for takeaway is Origin Coffee which had AMAZING coffee drinks and enough options for breakfast foods that we were able to feed our whole family there. However, they were very busy and we waited a long time for our order.
- Dinner at Tail O’ the Pup BBQ is perfect for families. They even have a playground that our kids are loved and played on the whole time we were waiting for our food!
- We also loved eating at Campfire Adirondack Grill & Bar at our hotel. The food was amazing, however it was a little fancy for families with small kids. Ours did great though and spent the entire meal coloring the pictures on the kids menu they provided us.
- We stayed at Hotel Saranac, mostly because there was literally NOTHING available last minute. We were hoping to book an airbnb and have a whole house, but I'm sure booking only a few days prior to leaving, put us at a disadvantage. Matt booked a suite for our family at the hotel, however it was extremely pricey ($350 per night) with very little to show for itself. Because of COVID, buffet breakfast wasn't included beyond a few granola bars and coffee in the lobby and room service doesn't operate daily unless you ask ahead of time. Despite our disappointment about our stay, we have NO regrets because it enabled us to get away and we really did have SO MUCH FUN!! Also, I'm 100% positive that if we stay there again when all the restrictions end, we will have a much better experience!
- Hike one of the “Saranac Six”. Six mountains to choose from, all different levels of difficultly. We hiked Baker Mountain which was one of the easiest ones, and although it still was pretty difficult for our five, three, and one-year-old, I am so happy we did it. The view is incredible!
- Check our the farmers market! It was amazing and, as usual, we bought sooo much stuff! 🙈 But we just love supporting local farms!!
We are so glad that we were able to sneak away to this beautiful area of New York State. Even though short and close to home, it still felt like traveling to us and we have to fondest memories of this special getaway!
Post a Comment